A belief is a concept of acceptance of something as accurate to its properties or proposals offered.
“Damien, you just don’t understand the BIBLE.”
Ok. Well, let me put it this way the parts I do understand offend me deeply.
Proverbs 20:30 “Blows and wounds scrub away evil, and beatings purge the inmost being.”
Exodus 21:20-21 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two since the slave is their property.”
Leviticus 25:44-46 “Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them, you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.”
Exodus 21 1-6 “If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman, and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free. But if the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’ then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.”
Ephesians 6:5 “Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.”
1 Timothy 6:1-2 “All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. Those who have believing masters should not show them disrespect just because they are fellow believers. Instead, they should serve them even better because their masters are dear to them as fellow believers and are devoted to the welfare of their slaves.”
Luke 12:47-48 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows.”
Deuteronomy 22:28-29 “If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.”
Exodus 21:7-11 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who has designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people since he has broken faith with her. If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights. And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.”
Numbers 31:18 “So now, kill all the boys, and kill every virgin-girl, spare for yourselves.”
Deuteronomy 20:10-14 “When you march up to attack a city, and they open their gates in peace, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you (slaves). If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, and everything else, you may take as plunder the Lord your God gives you for yourselves.”
Judges 21:11-24 “This is what you are to do, Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin. They found four hundred young women who had never slept with a man. But there were not enough and people grieved because the Lord had made a gap. Asking how shall we provide wives for the men who are left? Receiving instructions to go and hide in the vineyards, then when the young women come out to join in the dancing, rush and each of you seize one of the women carrying them off to be your wives.”
Deuteronomy 22:23-24 “If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife.“
I am starting to reject the thinking that Christians usually believe the bible, that is without cherry picking it. I say it is more like accept the bible is completely accurate no matter what even if they lack confidence in the bible’s accuracy. They often accept whatever it claims no matter how senseless if they agree but where ever they don’t like it they agree with the bible as metaphorical or must be understood in a way they like, even if to try to do so makes no real sense.
Christians often will try and interpret the bible any way possible so it fits their personal thinking. Here are a few common responses to the bible that do not make sense: “Avoidance—pretend it doesn’t exist, hoping it will go away. Assume the misunderstanding was ignorance on the reader’s part thus one needs to read more verses or a whole chapter and once doing so even if the senselessness of a verse is still there they feel it is watered down by reading other verses. Make up an answer that will work within their theological worldview. Hide their confusion, afraid that there might be a flaw in their faith. Decide “it must be cultural differences” and not look for further answers. Then, this is furthered with little to no thinking all, likely they say it takes faith god will make it clear in time. It accepts not belief born of reason, if the bible said if you love god you would hate blue eyes, they would hate blue eyes and likely make up reasons to justify such nonsense. If the bible said there is no moon and what looks like the moon is a hologram and this is proof of the devil many Christians would accept this as true. Belief is to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something. But how can they have such confidence? They were not shown facts only told to accept the bible as true and before reading the entire bible or likely not even a quarter of it believed the entire book was true not even knowing what it said and not being presented with any real reasons to believe just encouraged to accept it all sight unseen and without adequate proof to convince real confidence needed for valid belief. So, I say Christians mostly just accept the bible if they like it, thus no belief is really required instead they just have to have faith in how they want to see it. Acceptance is connected to belief but it can be baseless just like all religious faith. ref
I know what the jesus myth said that christians don’t like this,
1 Peter 3:15 “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have (in the bible god/jesus). But do this with gentleness and respect.
Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.”
Matthew 10:34-35 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”
Matthew 19:21 “Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
Matthew 6:5-7 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray, standing on the street corners to be seen by others. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door to pray and when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans.”
Matthew 18:8-9 “If your hand or your foot causes you to fall into sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than to have two hands and two feet and be thrown into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to fall into sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.”
The bible god myth does not love atheists as we blaspheme the holy spirit.
Mark 3:29 “but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”
- Sedentism and the Creation of goddesses around 12,000 years ago as well as male gods after 7,000 years ago.
- Progressed organized religion starts, an approximately 5,000-year-old belief system
- When was the beginning: TIMELINE OF CURRENT RELIGIONS? Around 4,000 years ago.
- What is early monotheism, are Atenism and Zoroastrianism totally monotheistic?
- Creationism (pseudoscience)
- Creationism is a Debunked Religious Conspiracy Theory.
- List of Creation Myths?
- Evolution is FACT in many ways!
- Is Evolution a Theory or a Fact? “It is both.”
- Technological Advances in Evolution
- Dating the BIBLE: naming names and telling times (written less than 3,000 years ago, provable to 2,200 years ago)
- Genetic studies on Jewish DNA is not 6,000 years old but has origin links to about 20,000 to 30,000 years ago?
- Everyone Killed in the Bible Flood? “Nephilim” (giants)?
- Bible Cosmology is Laughable
- Flat Earth Mania: a debunked religious theory, given new life in the post-truth world
- Attacking Biblical Statements for a “fixed” and “immovable” Earth
- No “dinosaurs and humans didn’t exist together just because some think they are in the bible itself”
- Is bible god ethical? & Would It Be Bad or Good if God Exists? (axiological “value theory” questions)
- Animistic, Totemistic, and Paganistic Superstition Origins of bible god and the bible’s Religion.
- Jews, Judaism, and the Origins of Some of its Ideas
- Jews enslaved in Egypt is Myth…..
- Sexism in Judaism (old Testament)
- Hey, Damien dude, I have a question for you regarding “the bible” Exodus.
- Evil bible god? YES OF COURSE
- Is god choiceless or standardless or removed from ethics?
- Axiological Atheism Morality Critique: of the bible god
- Your god concept is vile…
- Bible god repented of Evil?
- God the unethical father?
- David’s Punishment for Rape? God’s “Forgiveness and Baby Killing ” (2 Samuel 12:11-14)
- “hi, enemy of god” – Challenger
- Christian Hate Groups?
- God Originated Mortality?
- Faith and the Three Stooges: bhagavad-gita, bible & quran
- So the 10 commandments isn’t anything to go by either right?
- Interview with Jeff Tadlock (Stairway To Reason)
- Horned female shamans and Pre-satanism Devil/horned-god Worship? at least 10,000 years ago
- 9,000-8,500 year old Female shaman Bad Dürrenberg Germany
- Satanism More or Less
- The Devil?
- Devil, Satan, Lucifer, and the Serpent? Guess What They are Not the Same.
- Are All Religions That Existed Before Christianity From the Devil?
- The King James Mistakes Lucifer as Satan
- Accurate Account on how did Christianity Began?
- Bill Zuersher and his book “Seeing through Christianity: A Critique of Beliefs and Evidence”
- Archaeology Disproves the Bible
- I Believe Archaeology, not Myths & Why Not, as the Religious Myths Already Violate Reason!
- Did a Volcano Inspire the bible god?
- Bible Battle, Just More, Bible Babble
- The Jericho Conquest lie?
- Traces of Totemism In Judaism
- Canaanites and Israelites?
- Accurate Account on how did Christianity Began?
- Christian 35 years, read the bible twice, and took two religious classes before the conclusion of atheism.
- Compare and Contrast (religious and non-religious)
- Losing My Religion and MY Faith Addiction
- A Christian supporter, Damien Marie AtHope is winning fans but dredging up Old Adversaries?
- christofascism (christian and fascism) as well as religiofascism (religion and fascism)
- What makes Atheism a better way of thinking in life?
- Damien, I’m open AND a Christian!
- Incapable of making a decision on if there is or not a god?
- It’s Not the Deity You See as Possible But How Many You Reject
- Christians Don’t Believe the Entire Bible
- Muslim Terrorists and Christian Terrorists?
- True Christian® ???
- What is bible and Who is jesus???
- Rethinking Jesus?
- Jesus Christ Wanted for producing the hate and fear literature, the so-called “Holy Bible?”
- The Bible shows a racist character of jESUS who was not god but was a bigot “if real”
- jESUS (a fake story) explained as a real bigot but not a gOD
- The bible god Myth is Not True but The Prejudice is.
- Paulism vs Jesus
- Please explain why anyone would follow jesus’ teachings?
- Christianity Believers: Consider This
- Let’s talk about Christianity.
- Misinformed christian
- Dealing with Presuppositionalism, a school of Christian apologetics (Fascistic Fideism or “faith-ism”)
- Bible Defender?
- How Caring and Unconditionally Loving is the bible god Character?
- The So-Called Love of bible god is Actually a Pseudo Love.
- Sexism in Christianity (New Testament)
- New Testament: bigotry, cruelty, sexism, slavery, racism, etc.
- Slavery, Racism, Religion and the Confederate Flag
- New Testament on Slavery
- Rape, Sexism, and Religion?
- Was the Value of Ancient Women Different?
- Sexism in the BIBLE: chapter and verse!
- Sexism in Catholicism
- Sexism in Protestantism
- Sexism in Mormonism
- Sexism in Jehovah Witness
- Feminist atheists as far back as the 1800s?
- Anti-theism makes no logical sense?
- Out of Africa: “the evolution of religion seems tied to the movement of people”
- The Evolution of Religion and Removing the Rationale of Faith
- Explaining My thoughts on the Evolution of Religion
- Speech on the Evolution of Religion & Religious Sexism
- Understanding Religion Evolution: Animism, Totemism, Shamanism, Paganism & Progressed organized religion
- Addressing a Theistic Philosopher with Fallacious Thinking
- Caring firebrand atheism vs. Christian nationalism and dominionism
- Caring Firebrand Axiological Atheist, Antitheist, and Antireligionist as a Valuized Ethical Duty.
- Firebrand Atheist Dealing with Christian, Threat Prayers
- “Damien, you are a strong atheist. I am wondering do you see yourself as better than theists?”
- Warning Churchs, I am coming to Indiana as a firebrand atheist to do activism.
- Thoughts on Death: Christian turned Atheist
- Let’s talk about Hell
- Hell claims debunk LOVING gods?
- The claim of hell are ridiculous and immoral, not just false.
- Debunking both Positive (HEAVEN) and Negative (HELL) near death experiences.
- Near Death Experiences is Brain Activity, not Supernatural
- Hell is not a source of science, Satan says
- Threats of Hell are Humanistically Wrong
- Hell, Heaven and the Power of Imagination.
- Preposterous Idea of a Deity that Would Create Hell
- Scary Beasts In Heaven?
- Value-blindness Gives Rise to Sociopathic evil.
- Axiological Ethics not Pseudo Morality
- Yes, Your Male God is Ridiculous
- Single God Religions (Monotheism) = Man-o-theism started around 4,000 years ago?
- Kultepe? An archaeological site with a 4,000 years old women’s rights document.
- Religion is Conspiracy Theories of Reality, Not Worth Believing In
- I Hate Religion Just as I Hate all Pseudoscience
- Sumerian Creator Being was a Female, not Male possibly around 6,000 years ago or more
- The Disproof Atheism Society: EMPIRICAL, CONCEPTUAL, and DISPROOFS of gOD
- I Blaspheme the Unreal Unholy Bible Spirit called gOD
- When you say “GOD,” what do you mean by god?
- Who knows what a “god-claim” really is?
- Fibonacci sequence as scientific evidence of a creator?
- Sorry You Have No Evidence
- god Claims are a Non-Reality Commodity
- What do you mean by god Evidence?
- You will always fail to prove a specific god?
- Arguments over the term god?
- Vague Theism or god Somethingism: just say NO
- Faith is Not Evidence of Reality
- What is a gOD Challenge
- Addressing “ATHEISM”, reasons for it and its possible types/styles
- Using Ontology to Attack Theistic Errors
- You say you believe in a possibility of your favored god-claim?
- Why are all gods unjustified?
- What is a god? Just a Empty Label.
- gOD Believer, Pease Think Critically
- The God Fallacy
- Religion and Science are Completely Different Epistemologies
- Doubt god(s)? No, I stopped believing Fairytales.
- Damien, is it possible, there’s a God you haven’t considered?
- Archaeological, Scientific, & Philosophic evidence shows the god myth is man-made nonsense.
- I am an Axiological Atheist, with a Rationalist Persuasion, who Supports Anarcho-Humanism
- Fideism/Faith-ism (“faith-drunk-thinkers”)
- Truth Navigation and the fallacy of Fideism “faith-ism”
- Interview with the editor for Canadian Atheist
- Interview EP (55) Mark Lee secular humanist agnostic atheist activist antitheist from Kelowna, British Columbia (Canada)
- Guest post: Atheism’s Conclusion by Rational Thinking” by Marquis Amon
- Atheophobia and a Challenger to the Term
- Talking Atheism: Arael Avinu of Fully DE/converted and Caring Firebrand Atheist, Damien Marie AtHope
- Rationalism and the Enlightenment
- Challenging Agnosticism Assumptions
- The Fun of Harassing Street Preachers. Counter-Protesting is Fun.
- Religion harm and a way to stop it’s Rights Violations?
- Turning a Theist Attack into a Chance for Their New Learning: “an open dialog”
- Freedom of Religion, not Coercive Hereditary Religion
- Self-ownership, Human Rights, and Societal Liberty or Freedoms
- Self-ownership/Body-ownership: Sexual Consent, Abortion, Genital Mutilation, Prostitution, Drugs, and the Right to Die
- “No gODs, No Masters”
- Screw All Religions and Their Toxic lies, they are all fraud
- A Rational Mind Values Humanity and Rejects Religion and Gods
- CRITICAL THINKING: Discernment Detachment Delineation
- No Worship No Bullshit
- The Beginning origins of Atheistic Doubt at least by around 2,500 years ago.
- Confusions in Atheism and Humanism
- How Do I Gain a Morality Persuasion or Make a Change to it?
- Variations of Human Interaction: ethical, unethical, good, bad, or evil?
- THE SOUL OF LIBERTY: “The Universal Ethic of Freedom and Human Rights” By Fred E. Foldvary
- “My correspondence with a believer in souls”
- Energy = god, spirits, and/or afterlife? NO, and such thinking is misplaced animism magical thinking nonsense.
- Damien, What’s Worse Christians or Spiritual Non-religious?
- Religion and Poverty?
- Prosperity theology: donating money increases wealth?
- As an atheist what do you believe happens when you die?
- Grief While Having Atheistic Disbelief
- Religious OCD Subtype?
- Religious Trauma Syndrome?
- “You” are religious “You” are in a cult!
- Addressing Destructive Cults?
While hallucinogens are associated with shamanism, it is alcohol that is associated with paganism.
The Atheist-Humanist-Leftist Revolutionaries Shows in the prehistory series:
Show six: Emergence of hierarchy, sexism, slavery, and the new male god dominance: Paganism 7,000-5,000 years old: related to “Anarchism and Socialism” (Capitalism) (World War 0) Elite and their slaves!
Show eight: Paganism 4,000 years old: Moralistic gods after the rise of Statism and often support Statism/Kings: related to “Anarchism and Socialism” (First Moralistic gods, then the Origin time of Monotheism)
Prehistory: related to “Anarchism and Socialism” the division of labor, power, rights, and recourses: VIDEO
Pre-animism 300,000 years old and animism 100,000 years old: related to “Anarchism and Socialism”: VIDEO
Totemism 50,000 years old: related to “Anarchism and Socialism”: VIDEO
Shamanism 30,000 years old: related to “Anarchism and Socialism”: VIDEO
Paganism 12,000 years old: related to “Anarchism and Socialism” (Pre-Capitalism): VIDEO
Paganism 7,000-5,000 years old: related to “Anarchism and Socialism” (Capitalism) (World War 0) Elite and their slaves: VIEDO
Paganism 5,000 years old: progressed organized religion and the state: related to “Anarchism and Socialism” (Kings and the Rise of the State): VIEDO
Paganism 4,000 years old: related to “Anarchism and Socialism” (First Moralistic gods, then the Origin time of Monotheism): VIEDO
I do not hate simply because I challenge and expose myths or lies any more than others being thought of as loving simply because of the protection and hiding from challenge their favored myths or lies.
The truth is best championed in the sunlight of challenge.
An archaeologist once said to me “Damien religion and culture are very different”
My response, So are you saying that was always that way, such as would you say Native Americans’ cultures are separate from their religions? And do you think it always was the way you believe?
I had said that religion was a cultural product. That is still how I see it and there are other archaeologists that think close to me as well. Gods too are the myths of cultures that did not understand science or the world around them, seeing magic/supernatural everywhere.
I personally think there is a goddess and not enough evidence to support a male god at Çatalhöyük but if there was both a male and female god and goddess then I know the kind of gods they were like Proto-Indo-European mythology.
The “Atheist-Humanist-Leftist Revolutionaries”
Cory Johnston ☭ Ⓐ Atheist Leftist @Skepticallefty & I (Damien Marie AtHope) @AthopeMarie (my YouTube & related blog) are working jointly in atheist, antitheist, antireligionist, antifascist, anarchist, socialist, and humanist endeavors in our videos together, generally, every other Saturday.
Why Does Power Bring Responsibility?
Think, how often is it the powerless that start wars, oppress others, or commit genocide? So, I guess the question is to us all, to ask, how can power not carry responsibility in a humanity concept? I know I see the deep ethical responsibility that if there is power their must be a humanistic responsibility of ethical and empathic stewardship of that power. Will I be brave enough to be kind? Will I possess enough courage to be compassionate? Will my valor reached its height of empathy? I as everyone earns our justified respect by our actions, that are good, ethical, just, protecting, and kind. Do I have enough self-respect to put my love for humanity’s flushing, over being brought down by some of its bad actors? May we all be the ones doing good actions in the world, to help human flourishing.
I create the world I want to live in, striving for flourishing. Which is not a place but a positive potential involvement and promotion; a life of humanist goal precision. To master oneself, also means mastering positive prosocial behaviors needed for human flourishing. I may have lost a god myth as an atheist but I am happy to tell you my friend, it is exactly because of that, leaving the mental terrorizer, god belief that I truly regained my connected ethical as well as kind humanity.
Cory and I will talk about prehistory and theism, addressing the relevance to atheism, anarchism, and socialism.
At the same time of the rise of the male god 7,000 years ago was also the very time there was the rise of violence war, and clans to kingdoms, then empires, then states. It is all connected back to 7,000 years ago and it mover across the world.
The Mind of a Skeptical Leftist (YouTube)
Cory Johnston: Mind of a Skeptical Leftist @Skepticalcory
The Mind of a Skeptical Leftist By Cory Johnston: “Promoting critical thinking, social justice, and left-wing politics by covering current events and talking to a variety of people. Cory Johnston has been thoughtfully talking to people and attempting to promote critical thinking, social justice, and left-wing politics.”
He needs our support. We rise by helping each other.
Damien Marie AtHope (“At Hope”) Axiological Atheist, Anti-theist, Anti-religionist, Secular Humanist. Rationalist, Writer, Artist, Poet, Philosopher, Advocate, Activist, Psychology, and Armchair Archaeology/Anthropology/Historian.
Damien is interested in: Freedom, Liberty, Justice, Equality, Ethics, Humanism, Science, Atheism, Antiteism, Antireligionism, Ignosticism, Left-Libertarianism, Anarchism, Socialism, Mutualism, Axiology, Metaphysics, LGBTQI, Philosophy, Advocacy, Activism, Mental Health, Psychology, Archaeology, Social Work, Sexual Rights, Marriage Rights, Woman’s Rights, Gender Rights, Child Rights, Secular Rights, Race Equality, Ageism/Disability Equality, Etc. And a far-leftist, “Anarcho-Humanist.”
Damien Marie AtHope (Said as “At” “Hope”)/(Autodidact Polymath but not good at math):
Axiological Atheist, Anti-theist, Anti-religionist, Secular Humanist, Rationalist, Writer, Artist, Jeweler, Poet, “autodidact” Philosopher, schooled in Psychology, and “autodidact” Armchair Archaeology/Anthropology/Pre-Historian (Knowledgeable in the range of: 1 million to 5,000/4,000 years ago). I am an anarchist socialist politically. Reasons for or Types of Atheism